The #UgBlogMonth challenge landed in my inbox. A lot of great themes for one to write about. However - blame it on writers' block or downright procrastination- I don't think I'll be capable of posting a piece on a daily. I'll attempt to write as much as I can though.
Why do I write?
Frankly, this can be narrowed down to two basic reasons.
My primary goal for writing is "narcissism", for lack of a better way to put it. It's an opportunity to gain an excessive interest in my own opinion, and share that opinion with the rest of the world, on my terms.
The lesser reason for writing is how terrible I was at summarizing, as far back as the O'Level English exam section on summarizing. Part of me believed the information was very important, and I always believed in giving as much important information as possible. I therefore write as a challenge to myself, to provide essential information via the shortest route possible.
Perhaps it's the ghost of Narcissus in me that makes it difficult to breakdown information to essential details. I can only hope for a better fate than what Nemesis had in store for Narcissus.
Ceteris Paribus.
Reference
Ovid's Metamorphoses. Translated by Dryden et al; London, 1815

No comments:
Post a Comment